The goal of the colloquium is to give a chance to outside visitors and local faculty to present their work to the Department. We try to host speakers in all fields of mathematics and the attendance of all members of the Department (faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students if appropriate) is strongly encouraged. This promotes communications and collaborations between members of the Department and members of other Universities. It gives the chance to members of the Math Department to hear about active research in their field of research as well as getting familiar with research in other fields.
For more information, you can contact David Johnson (david.johnson-at-lehigh.edu) or Yue Yu (yuy214-at-lehigh.edu).
All weekly colloquium talks will be given on Wednesday in Christmas-Saucon Hall room 201 at 4:10 pm, unless stated otherwise. Tea, coffee, and cookies will be served at 3:30 pm in Christmas-Saucon 107 (the department commons room).
For further information, please contact Mary Ann Dent (mad8-at-lehigh.edu), Department Coordinator.
- February. 17
- Huai-Dong Cao (Lehigh)
- Einstein Spaces and Ricci Solitons
- February 24
- Joe Yukich (Lehigh)
- March 2
- Andrew Papanicolaou (Tandon School of Engineering, NYU)
- Numerical Methods for Backward SDEs for Control with Partial Information
- March 9
- March 16
- Spring Break, no colloquium
- March 23
- Pitcher Lecture Series (S-T Yau), no colloquium
- March 31 (joint with Lehigh MEM)
- Tayfun Tezduyar (Mechanical Engineering, Rice University)
- April 6
- Suchuan (Steven) Dong (Purdue University)
- April 13
- Mohan Ramachandran (U. Buffalo)
- April 20 (joint with Lehigh MEM)
- Ming-Chen Hsu (Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University)
- April 27
- Sera Cremonini (Lehigh Physics)
- May 4
- Jim Haglund (UPenn)